Every women desire to have a healthy hair. Healthy hair will automatically make your hair look shinier, and it will ad the value of your performance. But there are some myths about healthy hair. Which one is truth and which one is myth ?
Healthy hair truth and myths :
- It is important to regularly change the brand of shampoo
True! There are different washing bases (detergents) in shampoos. It is like the hair change from time to time and time to type so we need to change the type of shampoos.
- You must use the conditioner in the same range as the shampoo
False. Use the conditioner only according to its wealth. If you have oily hair, the conditioner must be making your hair light, not weighing it down. For dry hair, it is better to use creams or masks, which is often more effective than a conditioner for brittle hair.
- Don’t do the hair colors at home. It’s risky
False. If the assay was provided in the box for you and you find the color of your dreams, that is okay to do hair coloring at home. In fact, hairdressers use the same type of mixture as you do at home, unlike that with their experience, they realize the right dosages and leave to ask how long it takes.
- Coat the hair with olive oil strengthens the hair
It is being discussed. It is never bad, but it can be a problem regarding rinsing. In fact, olive oil will be difficult to clean, because it is very oily. This will require vigorous scrubbing to remove it completely. Result: You may damage the sheath of your hair, and profits earned vanish maybe just as fast.
… Read the rest >>
The hair of women is always an important thing that they would consider when they try to set their appearance. A lot of people have said that the hair of the women would be the crowning glory of her. There are actually a lot of things that you can do in order to make your hair beautiful and natural. If you want to know more about this, you should not miss the tips mentioned below.
First of all, you should consider the things that you are taking into the body. A lot of people, including the medical experts, have said that hair is the region which shows honestly your health. If you have a nutritious and balanced diet, the hair would be beautiful. On the contrary, the hair would become poor if you do not have a very good diet. Bad diets can always ruin the hair quality and this is a very important point for you to take into consideration. Almost 1/4 of the content of your hair would be made of water. Therefore, you have to drink more water. Some people do not understand why their hairs are dry. In fact, one of the obviously possible reasons is that they did not drink sufficient water. If they drink more water, it is likely that the hair would become bright again if they drink more water.
Secondly, you should pay attention to the details when you try to dry your hair. You should use the towel to carefully absorb the moisture of your hair. You would usually need around 10 minutes to do so in order to remove the moisture thoroughly. After that, you can remove the towel and then allow your hair to dry under the room temperature. If you want to use a blow dryer to help you dry the hair, it is fine as long as the dryer is not set at a very hot level. High heat could ruin your hair seriously.
You should also choose the right brush to brush your hair. Some of the brushes would have wider toothed combs while some would not. Therefore, you should pay attention to the choice. When your hairs are still wet, you are not advised to brush the hair. It is because this may break the hairs accidentally. … Read the rest >>
It is shocking to see a pregnant women smoking during pregnancy. Many smokers believe that “It’s just a cigarette. What could be so bad?”.
Experts warned that smoking during pregnancy is extremely harmful for both mother and especially for children. Abnormal development, malformations, respiratory diseases such as pneumonia and asthma are just some of the negative effects smoking can have on the child of a smoker.
Cigarette smoke contains at least 2,500 chemicals. Although many of these are harmful, the main “enemy” is carbon dioxide. This prevents proper blood circulation, thereby having the effect of poor oxygenation.
Substances introduced in the mother lead to a low level of oxygen in blood, and vessels in the uterus and placenta (the organ that connects mother and child, providing it with nutrients and oxygen) are narrowed.
Also, if you want to get pregnant, you should know that smoking can hinder your desire to become a mother: In the process of fetal development or the baby is exposed to the harmful effects of tobacco, being a ‘passive smoking’. … Read the rest >>
The head louse is a whitish to grey-brown coloured tiny, wingless parasitic insect. When first hatched these are smaller than the size of pin-head and grow up to the size of sesame seed when full grown. They live among human hair and thought they are not dangerous, they thrive sucking small amounts of blood from the head scalp.
Spotting a live louse or nymph (a young louse) is often the only sign of an infestation. Seeing nits alone doesn’t confirm an infestation. In many children, head lice don’t cause any discomfort. When symptoms do happen, the most common problem is itching that may start weeks or even months after the lice move in.
This problem is very common in kids. The main reason of having head louse is contact with an infected person. They do not have wings and are unable to jump or swim on their own. They spread by head to head contact and pass on from an infected person to a healthy one. This makes them contagious. Their bites cause itching which makes them irritating and sometimes, it becomes difficult to get rid of them. This problem can occur in everyone irrespective of the length and type of hair. They do not occur in animals and hence cannot be transferred from them. An infestation of head lice is called aspediculosis capitis, the second most common problem in children after common cold.
We know that head lice can sometimes, become difficult to get rid of. Let’s see how we can prevent them before they prey our scalps.
- It is beneficial to incorporate good habits especially in children. To reduce any chances of getting infected, teach your children and practice yourself a habit of not sharing items that touches the head. Try to avoid sharing combs, brushes, towels, headsets and other hair accessories.
- Never get head to head contact. Try to avoid touching your head with someone else’s as much as possible. We find children getting to close while playing with their friends. Teach them to keep distance while enjoying with their friends. Adults who, due to their profession or simply while parenting, should follow the same principle.
- Shared spaces can be a lice farm! They can be found very easily in hostels. Using common closets, drawers, clothes or clothes hooks can pass the problem from one person to another very easily.
- Ladies infected from head lice should keep their hair tied, pony tailed or made into buns to avoid their spillage in the surroundings.
- Regular check-ups can contain the problem and rescue other people in the surroundings. A common test to check the presence of head lice is to lather the hair using some conditioner and then brushing thoroughly with a thin-toothed comb. Inspection for head lice can be done visually under direct sunlight.
- Spread awareness about the basic good and cleanliness habits one should practice and he preventive measures needed to contain head lice in the community.
Is contact with an infected person the only cause of head lice? Let’s find out. … Read the rest >>
What is Dandruff?
This problem faced by almost half of mankind at the post-puberty age is independent of age and ethnicity. These are white flakes of skin that brush off our collars or shoulders. Basically, it is harmless but it can cause itching and harm hair growth and health. This chronic condition is caused when the cycle of skin renewal is very fast.
As goes the saying, prevention is better than cure. Let’s first go through some of the hair habits that would keep dandruff away and hence rescue us from fighting it.
- Have a healthy and balanced diet. It has been discovered that a healthy diet keeps the flakes away. Have plenty of Omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, E and B-vitamins. Refrain from having excessive yeast and sugar. The dandruff causing fungus thrives in yeast, fatty and sugary surroundings.
It’s true that it doesn’t necessarily affect the reason; your overall health defines how your body will react to the dandruff causing fungus.
- Keep stress away. Stress challenges and encourages ailments, including dandruff, in the body. So just relax and take a deep breath. Your worries will only make things worse.
- Hair styling products. In some people Hairspray, gel and mousse are found to contribute to dandruff. They can also cause too much drying of the skin, and can cause flaking – or trigger reactions allergic in nature. You know that you are using a faulty product when you start having dandruff as soon as using it. However, exceptions are using a spray formulated with tea tree oil or therapeutic styling gel.
… Read the rest >>
Hair is a protein filament that grows from follicles found in the skin, technically called the dermis. Hair, as we all know, is one of the defining characteristics of mammals. In humans it is a symbol of good health and well-being and also acts as a attractiveness quotient for many. Attitudes towards hair, such as hairstyles and hair removal, vary widely across the globe and historical periods. It is also used to indicate a person’s personal beliefs or social position, their age, gender or religion. Needless to say, it is an attribute of our body dear to everyone. Hence, it deems fit to take its proper care.
The medical term for hair loss is alopecia. It is true that men are more likely to lose their hair than women, the main reason being male pattern baldness. However, according to Statistic Brain Research Institute about 56 million people in the United States alone including men and women are experiencing hair-loss and baldness. Reasons can range from the simple and temporary— a vitamin deficiency —to the more complex, likes an underlying health condition. In several cases, there are different ways in which male and female hair loss can be treated. The treatment depends on the cause.
- Most hair loss is not associated with systemic or inner disease. Similarly poor diet is seldom responsible. Hair may become thinner because of genetic factors and the overall aging process. People in their 30s and 40s are found to notice mild thinning of hair.
- Change in lifestyle or illness, emotional trauma, protein deprivation (during strict dieting), and hormonal changes like those in pregnancy, puberty, and menopause may cause a reversible hair loss.
- Several health conditions, including thyroid disease and anemia (disease due to iron deficiency), can cause hair loss. Blood tests like thyroid blood test and other lab tests, including a complete blood count (CBC), on people who have ordinary hair loss are usually normal, it is necessary not to include underlying causes in sudden or severe hair loss. Such simple diagnosis can be done by a family physician.
- Dermatologists are doctors who specialize in skin, hair and nail problems can provide more advanced diagnosis and treatment of degrading hair health. A scalp biopsy can be prescribed to help in diagnosis of severe or unexplained hair loss.
- Although many medications list “hair loss” among their potential side effects, it is found that most drugs do not usually induce hair loss. However, treatments given for cancer like chemotherapy and immunosuppressive therapy commonly produce hair loss.
Now that we know some of the widely effective causes, let’s see what can be done to prevent/repair hair health. … Read the rest >>
Breast cancer starts developing from the milk ducts that can spread in other body parts. Females are the primary ones that are affected with breast cancer although there are cases seen where men are affected too. This is the most common cancer in women.
Women from developed countries have a higher incidence than their counterparts in the developing nations of the world. Food and lifestyle habits are two contributory factors for this type of cancer.
There are two types of breast cancer:
- Invasive breast cancer – Invasive breast cancer occurs when the cancer cell leaks from its original duct and invades a near tissue. Abnormal cells with this cancer type can metastasize in the lymph nodes and other organs like lungs and the liver. The cancer cell can also pass in the bloodstream and the lymphatic system.
- Non- invasive breast cancer Non- invasive breast cancer remains on the inside of its original lobule or duct. This type of cell is also called pre- cancerous because they can develop to be invasive breast cancer even if it is still in its place and intact.
The very first symptom a woman can detect breast cancer is a lump in a part of the breast, however majority of these lumps are not malignant. All women should visit their ob-gynecologist for check- ups or assess it by themselves through self breast examination.
Other symptoms include:
- Pain located near or in the armpits
- Redness of the breasts’ skin
- Nipple rashes
- Thick breast tissues
- Changes of the breast shape and size
- Lumps in one of the armpits
- Flaking, peeling, or flaking of the skin in the nipple or the breast and
- Discharge in the nipple that can sometimes contain blood.
… Read the rest >>
One of the most common obsessions among women of almost all ages is to look slim and smart. This obsession has given rise to a number of issues and the worst of all is being anorexic. It is not something to take it very lightly but actually something to feel worried about. It does not at all mean that you should not take care of yourself and become an obese person but being an extremist is also wrong.
Most of the times it is observed that ladies try to go after shortcuts and easy way out to become slim, mart and attractive but they fail to realize the fact that these shortcuts can be really very dangerous to their health. Most common thing that has been noticed for reducing weight is the use of fat burning pills. The use of such fat burning pills is only recommended only if it has been prescribed by a professional dietician or a doctor. Otherwise just selecting such pill can be dangerous for your health at times.
There is a simple misconception about the fat burning pills that they are no less than some magic pills which we turn you and your personality entirely by only a few intakes. However this is not at all true. You need to be thinking very realistically in this point of fact that there are no such medicines which has such a fast effect and can completely transform you in such a small period of time. That is why you must always be very specific and keen when buying these pills. Preference must always be given to the doctors prescribed best fat burner pills rather than to any normal ones. … Read the rest >>
For pregnant women, nutrition list is a thing which is quite important to know. It is because pregnancy is a thing that will not only bring happiness but also a great responsibility. The responsibility itself is not only about how to keep them healthy during the pregnancy but also how to make them able to provide nutritional food to be consumed during and after pregnancy. From the nutrition list, it is sure that every pregnant woman will be able to avoid any foods which are considered to be bad or even harmful for the pregnancy.
Knowing the nutrition list is a thing can be done very easily. It is because there are many books sold in many book stores which contents are about nutrition list. Those books are good companion for any pregnant woman in their leisure time. It is of course because reading is a positive activity to chase away boredom and the content of the reading, which is about nutrition listfor pregnant women, will make them able to know which food is suitable for them as pregnant women.
If going to bookstore is a thing cannot possibly be done, they can actually get the nutrition list easily in the internet. The best thing about finding it in the internet is that they don’t have to go anywhere as long as they are connected to the internet. The other best thing about it is that there are many websites which are not only give the nutrition list, but also some recipes which will of course be interesting to try. By the recipes, it is sure that they will not only able to know about the nutrition list, but also about how to combine the food ingredients in the list to be a delicious as well as healthy food for pregnant women.