The term “Social Bookmarking” is still very magnificent and useful in Search Engines Optimization. Social Bookmarking is an off-page SEO technique, it is very useful for SEO experts to improve the SEO ranks of their website. This is one of the quickest method to index any web page in search engines like Google, Bing, yahoo, etc.
To submit the url of our websites or the url of our client to social bookmarking sites we depends on search engines and sometimes it is very difficult to find some good and high quality bookmarking websites. Check the list I have created for my own use:
Social Bookmarking Sites List:
- http://www.start.me Continue reading “List of 250+ Social Bookmarking Sites URL”
What is a Web robot:
In basic, web robot is simply a program. Robot is used to automatically and recursively traverses a Web site to retrieve document content and information. Search engine spiders is the most common types of Web robots. These robots visit Web sites and follow the links to add more information to the search engine database.
Web robots often go by different names. You may hear them called:
Commonly Web robots is used to index a site for a search engine. But robots can be used for other purposes as well. Some of more common uses are:
- Link validation – Robots can follow all the links on a site or a page, testing them to make sure they return a valid page code. The advantage to doing this programmatically is inherently obvious, the robot can visit all the links on a page in a minute or two and provide a report of the results much quicker than a human could do manually.
- HTML validation – Similar to link validation, robots can be sent to various pages on your site to evaluate the HTML coding.
- Change monitoring – There are services available on the Web that will tell you when a Web page has changed. These services are done by sending a robot to the page periodically to evaluate if the content has changed. When it is different, the robot would file a report.
- Web site mirroring – Similar to the change monitoring robots, these robots evaluate a site, and when there is a change, the robot will transfer the changed information to the mirror site location.
Continue reading “Basic terms of web robot.txt”