Upset stomach or Dyspepsia is a stomach disorder associated with indigestion. It is recognized by pain in your abdomen, and abdominal fullness. It is accompanied by nausea, heartburn, bloating and irritating gases.
Upset Stomach – Causes of An Upset Stomach
Upset stomach causes are eating too much or too fast. It could even be the outcome of other serious ailments, like ulcers, gastrointestinal disease, gastritis or bowel syndrome.
There are two types of stomach problems:
- Chronic stomach ache, which is a serious issue and
- Temporary stomach ache which is not that bad and can be alleviated by dietary changes.
Dyspepsia can be further aggravated by the intake of coffee, citrus fruits, fatty foods, onions, alcohol and chocolate. It can even turn out to be a symptom of peptic ulcer disease.
- Indigestion: It is an upper abdomen ache and burning, stuffed stomach after a meal, bloating and wind.
- Reflux Oesophagitis: It is characterized by moving up of stomach acid to the gullet causing heartburn or a taste of bile in the mouth.
- Gastric Ulcers: Its symptoms are weight loss and black stools and are caused by bacteria called helicobacter pylori.
- Irritable bowel syndrome: It is associated with a pain that is aggravated by eating. Characterized by bloating, gas and constipation.
- Gastritis: It is a soreness of the stomach lining, causing pain, irritation and upset stomach.
Food and drink Continue reading “Upset Stomach – Herbal Remedies To Settle An Upset Stomach”
Psoriasis is a chronic skin disease that is a result of the immune system sending faulty signals that accelerate the growth of skin cells.
Psoriasis can be categorized into five types:
Psoriasis – Causes Of Psoriasis
Psoriasis is mainly caused by the changes in the immune system, concerning T cells which are a type of white blood cells.
Originally, the function of T cells is to provide protection to the body against infections and diseases but in the case of Psoriasis, T cells become overactive setting off other immune reactions.
As the dead skin and white blood cells can’t shed off quickly, they develop into thick, scaly patches on the surface of the skin.
The most widely prevalent type is plaque which appears as red patches, raised covered with dead skin cells which is silvery white. It might appear anywhere on your body and is connected with grave health issues, e.g. heart disease, depression & diabetes.
There are times when the skin becomes worse and then gets better. This flaring up of skin occurs due to many reasons:
- Allergies and infections, e.g. strep throat/thrush
- Injury to the skin:
- Psoriases can occur on the skin that has been injured or traumatized.
- This is called the Koebner phenomenon. Koebner response can be triggered by vaccinations, sunburns, scratches, a cut or scrape and bug bite.
- Changes in weather or climate: Cold weather that makes the skin dry
- Smoking: Especially in woman increases the likelihood of getting Psoriasis
- Heavy alcohol consumption
- Medications: Lithium for bipolar disorder, medicines for high blood pressure, e.g. beta blockers, antimalarial drugs, iodides, Inderal, Quindine, Indomethacin, NSAIDS and drugs that treat certain mental illnesses.
- Too little or too much sunlight.
Psoriasis – How Do You Know If You Have Psoriasis?
Continue reading “Psoriasis – Natural Herbs To Remedy Psoriasis”
Medicinal plants are the plants associated with medical use. The ongoing use of medicinal plants is considered to have an important role in treating health issues. Using herbs for healing is one of the oldest medical treatments in use today.
Medicinal Plants – Herb List
- Yarrow is known well to reduce any internal bleeding,
- It also acts as
- It can be taken in the form of tea.
- Having respiratory difficulties or inflammatory issues?
- Herbalists recommend Hollyhock as the perfect herb for this condition.
- It is popularly used as an ingredient in marshmallows as well.
- Garlic, since the middle ages, has been an important ingredient in cooking.
- Use a clove of garlic to flavor food.
- It is also known to treat various ailments.
- Eating garlic on a regular basis can help in
- Reducing blood pressure levels,
- Controlling blood sugar
- Controlling cholesterol levels.
Horehound is a popular flavor being used to treat many respiratory ailments
- Acts as the appetite suppressant.
- Herbalists recommend you eat horehound candy
- Which acts as a cough suppressant.
Medicinal Plants – So Many Medicinal Plants To Choose From
Continue reading “Medicinal Plants – Home Remedies with Medicinal Plants”